St Saviour’s Church, Dartmouth, Devon
St. Saviour’s was dedicated as a Chapel of Ease in 1372, but it may be earlier in date. The church was enlarged in the late 14th/early 15th century and has been repaired and refurbished several times since. It is described as having one of the best interiors in Devon. Features include a carved and painted rood screen and a carved stone pulpit.
The graffiti is on the pillars and consists of several compass drawn daisy wheels, some Marian marks and various initials.
Compass drawn daisy wheels:
Marian marks, all M’s:
Initials and other marks:
Search Terms: Dartmouth, St Saviour, church, Devon, interlocking compass drawn daisy wheels, marian marks, initials, marks, M, linear marks, AR, RP, PW, RR, IR, TB