St Mary’s Church, Wolborough, Devon
St Mary’s, Wolborough dates from the 15th century, although the west tower is earlier. Contents include an ornate screen of circa 1518 and a Norman font. The church stands on a hill, commanding a view of the Teign estuary.
There is little graffiti in the church.
It consists of a three-masted ship:
Initials with a faint date of 1857:
And some cross-hatching:
St Mary’s Church
Report and pictures by Rebecca Ireland
Search terms: church, st mary’s, wolborough, devon, three mast ship, initials, EBR, 1857, cross hatching