St Edmund, Abbess Roding, Essex

St Edmund’s church in Abbess Roding dates to the 14th century with amendments and additions up to the 19th. 

There is only a scattering of graffiti throughout the church and doorways. It mostly consists of names and initials with one date in the 18th century and one in the 19th.

Report by Anthea Hawdon

Church is usually open during daylight hours.

St Edmund’s
Abbess Roding

Search terms: RG, IL, 1717, IG, W, S, LC, 17, IP, W, Ladder, TP, W Edward Monk, ET, 1851